Sunday, December 17, 2006

Thanking the Little People


Have you heard I was voted "Time's Person of the Year" for 2006? Yes, it was a surprise to me too. Apparently I've joined the ranks of Pope John Paul II, Winston Churchill, Joseph Stalin, Nikita Krushchev, Charles Lindberg, Elizabeth the II, every American President since FDR, and Bill Gates, among others. To quote Pig Pen, "It kind of makes you want to treat me with more respect."

Yes, I have achieved something I never even thought to aspire to. The fact that I share this award with countless others in no way diminishes the glory. To quote Time's website:

"And for seizing the reins of the global media, for founding and framing the new digital democracy, for working for nothing and beating the pros at their own game, TIME's Person of the Year for 2006 is you." (From TIME.com, Cover Story Person of the Year: You. Posted Dec. 13, 2006)

So for all of us exchanging ideas and information through the internet, here's our pat on the back and something to put on the résumé!

And I want to assure you that this honor will not change me, or my blog at all. Finally, I'd like to thank the little people...

3 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing the amount of weight a world full of conversation can bring.

It's more amazing how many people are abandoning big media and opting for Internet news instead.

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is hilarious. Congrats Jenylu. You've earned it

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Ando said...

Wow, they really went all out this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home