Thursday, August 31, 2006

Group Participation

I have to admit, I don't really have anything on my mind right now, I'm just tired of seeing that patriotic Kelly doll pop up everytime I open my blog. Oh yea, I'm also hoping to generate some new comments as well. Maybe some great inspiration will hit me as I type.

I guess I am now experiencing both of the blog pitfalls my sister warned me about:
1. Writer's block
2. Comment addiction

I thought about posting a movie quote for readers to guess because that's an easy way to get a lot of comments AND it's the only way I ever get to play that game since I apparently have not seen very many movies, relatively speaking.

Oooh, ooooh, I have an idea! How about if everyone leaves me an idea for a future post you're just dying to see at this site? Or, if that's too hard, what is your favorite dinner? (I often have "what should I make for dinner" block as well as writer's block) Come on now, time for some real group participation!

9 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, Blogger Call Me June... said...

Well... my mother used to make this really delicious stroganoff... I'm sure you could get the recipe from her! I'm racking my brain for blog ideas for you, but if I actually had any, I'd probably try to use them myself! I do have a spark of an idea rolling around in my brain, but that's as far as it's gotten. Perhaps you could blog about mom's stroganoff!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, my favorite dinner would be Jeremy's Great BBQ ribs or I love a chicken casserole my grandma makes for me (I could share the recipe).

Now for a blog - I anxiously awaiting my funny Michelle and Catie stories!!!!!! Living with our resident Junior High Drama Queen (as she calls herself), you have to have a wealth of blog posts :):)

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Heavy G said...

you could blog about how much you have been inspired by your preacher brother-in-law in the midwest

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Peter Brown said...

The first inklings of blogger blues? This is normal, and I understand...

Comming up with post is something that can drive you/your family crazy. I find myself thinking about posts all the time, instead of doing more important things like breathing or watching where I'm going.

Secondly anything Asian. Minor or major it makes no difference.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger jenylu said...

SJ,
The recipe would be great!!
I'll work on the post idea. :)When I read your comment to the Drama Queen, she suggested I write about the infamous TP caper. I told her she can write about it when she starts her own blog.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger J Crew said...

A big huge steak or buffalo wings are my idea of a good time. I recommend writing about anything from Scott to the long lines at the supermarket or Johnny.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yes - tell her to do that - I am sure I will be entertained :):)

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger jenylu said...

Thank you all who have given me ideas for writing and cooking:
June - Stroganoff has definite potential!
SJ - I'm still waiting for the recipe and Catie is working on the TP saga as a guest spot on my blog.
Heavy G - I'll think on that idea--However, I have a feeling that post might tend to detour to hayrides and burnt tennies!
Kludge - Asian is good and I'm already very good at driving my family crazy and running into things- so there's always potential there! :)
J Crew - Steak! Yeah!! But I wouldn't dream of washing it down with a Mountain Dew! Maybe it is time for another Johnny post - the last one garnered my personal best for comments!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Maybe you can post pictures of different hairstyles you have had throughout your life. Just an idea.

My favorite meal is chicken cassarole. It's easy and really yummy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home