Thursday, September 07, 2006

Kaiser & the Pearly Gates

Although Grandma went to be with the Lord July 10, we still have many, many reminders of her all around the house. Her legacy has continued in the things she taught us as well as the many things she made. We miss her.

Often the mail brings us reminders of a different kind. Kaiser, her health care provider, sent several letters and brochures to her in the weeks following her death ranging from "Health Tips for Seniors" to "Information Regarding Your Plan". The more time passed, the more I'd shake my head. You'd think her health care provider would have a clue that she no longer has health to provide for.

Finally in late August, we received a letter from Kaiser addressed to "The Estate of Della Rowlands". Eureka! They updated their records! However, the message on the outside of the envelope was a little baffling: "Important! Continuing Your Coverage: Enclosed is valuable information about how to continue your Kaiser Permanente membership. Please read the enclosed materials immediately."

Now I don't claim to know everything about heaven, but I'm thinking along with "No more tears and no more sorrows" it's also true that there is "no more Kaiser". I hope so, because we don't have a clue how to forward her this "important" information.


Sidenote: I got tired of pink. I changed my blog template tonight and lost all of my links. No problem--I'm so tech savvy I'll just put them on again, and THIS TIME, it will be alphabetical! (Except for Indiana Update--that's my sister & my inspiration, and she'll always be on top!) Anyway, I was working down my "favorites" shortcut and it was working dandy until I got to Andy. Everytime I added him, the entire side bar would erase. Personally, I think it's because of the unkind comments he made on Josh's blog about the Giants--not so dandy, Andy. I will try again tomorrow to add in all those awesome links I lost tonight. This is why I never redecorate my house!

7 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger Julie Danielle said...

I love the new look :)

We were getting stuff for my Grandpa forever after he passed away. I think my mom still might get some things and it has been almost 14 years!!!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger jenylu said...

I thought you might be partial to this look Julie--as I was putting links back on, I realized I chose the same template as you! :)

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Ando said...

That's Kaiser for you I guess.

Sorry about my faulty link. Are you sure it's not operator error? :)

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger J Crew said...

Where are the links Jenylu. Let's go.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey there - like the new look of the blog! Same as Julie - when my grandparents passed away, mail continue to come forever - still getting it - and Grandma Della is rejoicing - NO MORE KAISER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh - and no link now - yikes - what have I done ?????

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger jenylu said...

Ando,
I'm pretty sure it's not operator error, but rather those nasty comments you made about the Giants. I'll try again tonight and see if the computer has forgiven you. :)
Josh & Stephanie: It was almost midnight when Andy's link kept erasing my sidebar. I was going for alphabetical this time around and you two were further down the line. I'll try again tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home