Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Beauty of Technology

Merry Christmas from our family to yours! I have some funny stories for upcoming posts (at least I hope they're funny, because they were rather inconvenient to experience and I'm hoping the humor factor, combined with what we learned from them, makes them indeed valuable) . Until then, you will have to settle for our family Christmas picture.

This year's picture demonstrates my growing love for technology. As much as I like to say "It's not all about me", it sometimes really is. The first person I look at in every picture is ME. If it's good of me, it's a good family picture. It it's bad of me, it's just a BAD picture. Well, the one I liked best of me was not so good of anyone else. I tried to convince myself, and the rest of the family that they really did look good and those were relaxed expressions on their faces. I finally had to admit, however, that the best one of everyone else (including Beamer & Squiggy) was not good of yours truly. In spite of my vanity, bowing to the greater good, I went ahead and ordered a few of the majority best picture for Christmas cards. I was playing around with borders and sizes so they were only samples. After I got them back, I realized I was just too vain to send 100 of those pictures. After all, I am the one who puts every single one into the envelope and sends it off with our letter. I've done that before and every single time I stuff the envelope I think, "I don't like this picture." So, I tried my hand at a little digital magic and cut & pasted my head from my favorite into the other. I didn't have any sophisticated software so did the whole thing on "Paint", but assuming you don't study it too hard, I was pretty pleased with the results--or to be more accurate, I liked the end product much better than the one I began with.

Technology can be a beautiful thing, especially when you're not!

7 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Jenn, I was wondering about that. I studied hard and couldn't tell if you had edited it. I know you had asked me previously. You did a great job!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Ando said...

That's impressive. I can't really tell even knowing it's doctored. Well done.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger The two love birds .. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger The two love birds .. said...

I like the idea of pasting heads, but I think I am at the stage of maybe needing some body pasting, especially around the middle!!
Maybe a "Rocky" sort of guy, don't you think?

Uncle Dan

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Impressive!!!! Merry Christmas - we will see you when we return :)

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger jenylu said...

Uncle Dan,
I don't think you need any body pasting! :) Although the "Rocky" look might be interesting. :)

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Peter Brown said...

I'm with ando...It looks very good, normally pasting is much more obvious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home