Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Painfully Beautiful


Just a short post to let you know we at the Rowlands house are currently experiencing technical difficulties! If you read my last post, "The Beauty of Technology", then you know how delighted I was to be able to use a little photo editing to make everyone happy with our Christmas picture. So imagine my delight when my Christmas gifts included Adobe Photoshop elements 5.0 AND my own laptop!!! Delight is not a strong enough word! Granted I have been hinting, not so subtly, for a laptop for over a year, but I didn't think I'd really get one. We are not big ticket gift givers so this was nothing short of incredible.

However, even though I'm still a bit giddy about the new toys, getting set up has been a little trying. In the process of setting up "Jen's Baby", our wireless router somehow ended up fried. To make a long story short, my dear husband used the best part of the last two days trying to restore a consistent internet connection for our three computers (including Jen's Baby). Today he had the joy of spending a good deal of time on hold for Tech Support. It has been so very frustrating.
Small problems in the big picture, but good reminders that beauty can be very painful!
P.S. I thoughts the synonyms for painful might add insight:
Synonyms 1. distressing, torturing, agonizing, tormenting, excruciating. 2. arduous.

3 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Congrats on the new gift! That will be nice to have - but yes, getting things set up can be a challenge. Tell the girls hi and we miss them all - - -

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Jenn, I understand what you're going through. Each time we moved, changed our internet plan...just the name on the account!...got a new router, new laptop we've had to spend HOURS on the phone with tech support!!! I've found I like the tech supports where they can remotely control my computer so they can figure out the problem without me having to always be the go-between. Even that takes a bit of time though. Good luck getting up and running. We'll see you in a few!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Peter Brown said...

I understand. In many ways I have to say I'm glad, not that you have trouble of course, but that the process is difficult.

Being a network engineer I like know there are still Internet issues. It means I will have a paycheck for many years to come.

BTW Great score on the Christmas Hardware!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home