Sunday, September 23, 2007

3,588





















In my previous post about the Charles M. Schultz museum, I mentioned the incredible tile comic strip mural but left out some of the nitty-gritty details. I told you to look them up yourself on the internet. Well, when it comes to finding things on the internet, I am a little in awe of Kludge. He found the following link if you were just wishing for a photo blow-by-blow of the construction process.
http://www.schulzmuseum.org/otani/ (If you want a tidier title -- check out the comments below the previous post).

And, in the course of looking through the photos, I discovered exactly how many tiles...3,588 . Thanks Kludge.

BTW, the above picture has nothing to do with the mural except that it is yet another picture of us visiting the museum. I have been influenced by my dear niece, Sarah, and just feel like a post without a picture is sadly lacking.

7 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

It is a very cute picture!

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Peter Brown said...

It looked like an awful lot of work. It was my three years of work, I'd want to put the last tile on.

Oh well.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Drama Queen said...

Yikes, i hate that picture! my smile is cheesy!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hope you are ok - I keep checking for a new post - - :):)

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I am sure you will blog again someday :):) I just know it!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

ahem...reminder that you still have adoring readers out here in blogworld.

 
At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be in the genes...Are you really cut from the same cloth as June and the Fundie?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home