Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks


Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;

His love endures forever.

Psalm 118:1
* * *
Happy Thanksgiving. I was in the midst of a thankful post when I realized I was signed in to my daughter's blog. It could have been a rather confusing post on her blog as I rattled on about my husband and children. So, among the many other reasons I have to be thankful, I am also thankful I realized I was on the wrong blog.
* * *
As I look at my life, there is so much to be thankful for, and I want to thank God for it all. Gratitude is good and appropriate. Just as my daughter should say thank you, as well as hopefully feel genuinely appreciative, for the birthday gifts she receives today, I need to be thankful for each gift God gives me. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. Circumstances will change and some of the things I am thankful for today will change too. But for today, I can be thankful for them all. And for eternity, I can be thankful that the things which should produce the greatest gratitude, will not change and will last forever.

You are my God, and I will give You thanks;
you are my God, and I will exalt You.
Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
His love endures forever.
Psalm 118:28,29
* * *
P.S. I am also thankful I thought to use spell check before walking away from this -- how embarassing to keep misspelling "gratitude" on a thankful post! Did you know it wasn't a double"t"?

5 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!! You are right - we have so much to be thankful for! God is soooooooo good all the time! Thanks for that post! Also, I would have spelled it wrong too! :)

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Becca Sports said...

We do have so much to be thankful for. I hope that you had an excellent Thanksgiving!!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Drama Queen said...

wait, were you on my blog or michelles blog?

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Sarah Kuhner said...

Ok Jen, Bible study is over and I'm really hoping your creative juices are flowing and we can see some new posts soon.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger micheller said...

hehe, fat chance of that!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home