Friday, September 08, 2006

To Link or Not to Link...that is the Question

My oh my, if you want to offend bloggers in three easy steps here's one way to do it:
1. Change your template & thereby erase all your links.
2. Replace a couple of the links before hitting an impasse.
3. Give up because it's midnight and nothing is working.

You know, I saw it coming. I thought, "I can't leave off some of my links, someone's gonna be mad!" So I went to "edit", and left a little side note on my newest post explaining my dilemma, thinking that might solve the problem. Vanity, vanity, it was like chasing the wind, it didn't solve anything--two of my coveted six comments, that's 1/3 BTW, were to whine that they no longer had links!!!

Today the computer was cooperating and all the links are restored. Happy???

I'm also posting a picture of what I hope will become my new blog ID photo, or whatever you call it. This is the fish I most relate to... Dory! I have to appologize to her for misspelling her name in an earlier post. It is really a rather clever spelling because the word "Dory" also means a flat-bottomed boat with high flaring sides, sharp bow, and deep V-shaped transom. That is clever, something you'd expect from those clever folks at Pixar. Anyways, I spelled it "Dorrie" in an ealier post entitled "The Dorrie Club". I'm not quite so clever (I don't even know what a transom is!). As I said in that misspelled post, I so relate to the memory challenged individual Dory embodied in Finding Nemo. So, if I can figure out how to do it, she will be my new ID.

One last thing, if I neglected to add you back on to my links, at this point it's because I forgot that you were on my links. You can feel offended or remember who you're dealing with. Dory Club. Charter Member.

8 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Peter Brown said...

Love the new look, pink was fun but a bit bright eh?

Looks like you solved the link issue too. Nice work! I can only say that keeping a copy of your template additions in an outside file is always a good idea, not that it helps now.

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well - since I have been labeled a whiner, I won't complain any more and if I don't make the links list in the future, I will understand - I really was just teasing - - - - - teach me huh?

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Ando said...

I can relate to your template problems. I fancy myself a pretty knowledgable netizen, but my blog sidebar still has some issues. Hang in there.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger jenylu said...

Sorry SJ -- I need to work on that fine line between humorous teasing & inadvertent insulting. :(

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I was teasing back - no worries :):):)

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger J Crew said...

No storekeeper link. No unmerited favor blog read.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger jenylu said...

J Crew:
Good thing I have a short memory or I might be offended by that comment for a long time! :)

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger MrsLoomis said...

ya got me beat---I don't know how to post links!
Stephanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home