Tuesday, January 01, 2008

DEED ROY DIE GUESS

Happy New Year! We were playing "Mad Gab" last night as part of the yearly ritual of staying awake until some sphere-shaped object back east falls down. If you are unfamiliar with this game, checkout the helpful description below courtesy Wikkipedia.

Mad Gab is a game created by Mattel in which there are at least two teams and 2 to 12 players. Each team has two minutes to sound out three puzzles. The puzzles, also known as mondegreens, contain small words that, when put together, make a word or phrase. For example, "These If Hill Wore" when pronounced quickly sounds like "The Civil War." There are 2 difficulties: easy and hard. The faster the puzzles are answered, the more points the players score.


There were a few turns when we were unable to guess a phrase in the alloted time -- after we were told what it was supposed to be, most of the time we were able to say, "Ah, of course, it's all so clear now." However, the one in the title has left me a little bitter.

Care to guess what it's supposed to be?
***
I will reveal the answer next time I blog.
***






P.S. Had to include a picture of my adorable little grand-neice who made her appearance into the world the day after Christmas. If you want to see more pictures check out her mommy's blog -- http://pmcamp.blogspot.com/ -- Megan has been very good about updating.
I'm wishing Taeya Brynn did not live so far away!

6 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Pops said...

I love mad gab and usually do quite well at them but this one has me a bit stumped. My guess would be "Readers Digest" but I don't think that's right.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Becca Sports said...

I remember playing this game with your sister at college group get togethers. Good times! I agree that some of them are very difficult to get.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years Day!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Sarah Kuhner said...

I don't know what the mad gab is. Chris is so good at this game. When we play it, he gets each of them within seconds every time. We don't play this game with him any more.
Isn't Taeya so pretty. I too am missing her so much. I want to be there so bad.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Drama Queen said...

ha ha, i know what it is! but just because she told me.

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Did you alreay guess?"

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Awe, thanks for posting about our little one. I'm glad you're enjoying all of the updates. I have many more adorable pictures that have not yet been shared. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home