Thursday, September 21, 2006

Birthday Girl

My baby has turned 12. I was going to post a happy birthday bit yesterday, but I was afraid Scott would have a cow if I bumped his “masterpiece” so quickly. He’s been checking my blog often to see how many comments he’s accumulated. Thank you all who chimed in. I must say though, he has become a little uppity now that he’s received 9 comments on his very first post. I tried to tell him it was really only 8 because June’s comment appeared twice. He claims it’s a legitimate 9 however because it was obvious that June was so moved by his words that she commented 2 times. He’s also enjoying quoting from some of the comments. I believe I’ve heard the phrase “insightful and interesting” just about enough, thank you. Anyhoo, back to my baby…

I cuddled her in my lap last night, rock-a-bye-baby style and found that she just doesn’t fit the way she used too. Time goes by too fast. The above picture is one of my favorites. I used to set her in a bucket at my feet when I would hang laundry. The delighted expression on her face is reflective of the happy baby she was. In addition to her sweet disposition, she was such a great cuddler. God only gave me one cuddler, so I was so thankful He saved her for last. I savored, and continue to savor, every precious hug.

In the years since this picture, it’s been quite an adventure. Oh the stories that could be told! We used to call her our surprise baby because she was probably the biggest surprise of my life. Because of that, we gave her the middle name “Grace”. Grace means “unmerited favor” and it is a very accurate description of the way God has blessed and grown us through the privilege of being Michelle’s parents. We pray that He will continue to show His favor in her life and that she will walk with Him and love Him with her whole heart.

In closing, I need to tell you that my husband believes I way exaggerated his comment fixation. He said, and I quote, “My actions were only in jest of your infatuation with comments on your posts.” I have no idea what he could be referring to!

5 Comments:

At 5:21 AM, Blogger Becca Sports said...

I couldn't agree with you more about cheerishing those snuggle kids. My daughter Grace is our cuddler. My first could care less about doing that. She is getting better about wanting hugs, but I know this will end as she gets older. But when I just need some love I pick Grace up and just love on her. :)I don't want the teenage years to come too quickly and end all of that.

As for postings, I totally understand you wanting them. My husband laughs at me when I check to see if I have any comments! :)Keep up the postings and I'll try to keep up the comments.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Michelle is a sweatheart! It is a blessing to work with her in Jr. High! Happy Birthday Michelle! What a beautiful name - Grace! Your kiddos are such a blessing and we are thankful for them!!!!!!

Glad Scott received so many comments - did you point out that you asked everyone to comment???? Ha ha!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger J Crew said...

I bet your kids are really loving all these pictures. I know I would be if my mom started a blog.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Call Me June... said...

Okay, while I was touched by your comments about Michelle, I must admit to a bit of disappointment at no good Michelle stories, as I know there are a plethora of them. As I am well aware, one's birthday is the perfect opportunity to roast them a bit. For that matter, everyone's birthday seems to be an opportunity to roast me!

A warning to Scott: Don't start basing the value of your existence on the comment tally... it's only leads to destruction!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger jenylu said...

Rebecca -- thank you for keeping up the comments!!! While I would not say I have an infatuation with them, it is nice to get them!!

sj -- good point about Scott's many comments! :)

jcrew -- it's time your mother started a blog

june -- I've too much on my plate right now to do justice to her many stories...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home