Sunday, September 17, 2006

Dapper Dan Takes a Spin

Well cleaning has it's advantage beyond the obvious. In the process of organizing a closet, I found my album that contained the gem to the left. (At least I think that's left--I'm a little challenged that way). Granted, the photography is lame, but the memory, how shall we say it? The memory, she is priceless!!

Here is the photo Stephanie requested after reading a post in August about my wonderful son. As unthinkable as it seems, someone reading this right now may not recall that post, or perhaps, shudder, not have even read it. Therefore, I will post again the story behind the picture, in which our son demonstrated a keen fashion sense which would characterize much of the next seven years of his life.

It was in October and we'd recently bought a McDonald's Happy Meal that had come in a pumpkin bucket. Most folks probably assumed it was for "Trick-or-treating" but my boy knew how to think out of the box, or bucket. He took off the little lid and put that pumpkin bucket on his head with the handle tucked underneath his chin. He then set out with dad for a spin around the block on his big wheel. Sure, anyone can wear a helmet. It takes a real Dapper Dan to wear a pumpkin bucket.




The picture to the right (I hope that's right) shows his cousin using an identical pumpkin bucket in a far less creative, but certainly more convention way. Jonathan, by the way, is the cute little clown in the back.



8 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

This is the best! Thanks for sharing it! Made me smile. Maybe I will refer back to this if I am having a bad day! How creative of your son! How absolutely adorable too!

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Julie Danielle said...

Those pictures are too cute :)

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger J Crew said...

I bet Johnny loves that you are doing this

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger jenylu said...

jcrew,
His official position is that the helmet is digitally enhanced into the photo. He lies. :)

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Becca Sports said...

That picture is classic! Kid's creativity leads to some great stories and pictures. I know that I am accumulating some. :)

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Peter Brown said...

love the picture... I wanted to comment just so you son can see how many people get to see this...Patricia and I were loving it...

...I miss my big wheel...

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Sarah Kuhner said...

Jonathon was so cute back then. I'm sure his cousin will have a gift of the creative too if she/he gets to spend time with Jonathon.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Call Me June... said...

Hey, that little dalmation is awfully cute! I have very clear memories of Johnny's creativity... dare I mention Jaja-double A?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home