Friday, September 15, 2006

A Face Only a Mother Could Post

Next week my baby will turn 12. In her honor, I told her next Wednesday I would post something all about her. (That's a lot of "her"s in one sentence!)

Before I do my nice tribute, I really need to get something off my chest.

When we went to Ecuador, one of the brilliant thoughts that went through my mind was, "Let's make sure to take a family picture so we can send it in our Christmas cards." Our first day in Ecuador we visited some great spots for a photo but my family was completely uncooperative. No one else had the same passion for my brilliant idea. "Oh well," I thought, "We'll get one another day."

However, as it turned out, most days all five of us were not in the same place at the same time. On our last day in Ecuador it hit me, "Oh my, we need a family picture." We gathered together so one of our sweet traveling companions, Nancy, could take the coveted family shot. My children were a little grumpy about this but I stressed to them why we needed to do it--it was brilliant I tell you!

Well the above photo of my little angel is a cut out from the first shot Nancy took. EVERYONE else looked great. In the next one, she had a decent smirk, but it wasn't good of her brother. When I saw this face I told her, "It will serve you right if I DO send this to everyone." Better yet, I am posting it on the internet where all 9 of my readers will see it--if they bother to check. Ha! Take that little missy! She's gonna think twice about ruining one of my brilliant plans again!!!

Now that I've had my revenge, maybe I can try to learn photo shop and paste her good face into the nice shot of everyone else.

8 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

That is too funny! What a great face!!!!!!!! She is adorable!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Call Me June... said...

Hey, I've used the cut and paste technique before and it was actually pretty unnoticable but for the fact that I pointed it out to everyone who looked at it! How have we ever gotten good grandkids pictures with the Michelle/Christian combo?

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Hey, I could do the photoshop for you...:) I have to reload photoshop on my computer but hey, my services are yours for the asking. You did after all see some of the crazy stuff I've done with photoshop. Hmmm...maybe that would make a good post.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Heavy G said...

Your family pictures sound a lot like ours

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger jenylu said...

Heavy G--I think between our two families we have enough group photo sagas to keep a blog going for quite a while!

Megan--Want to come teach me photo shop when you're up? In all your spare time? :)
Oh, make sure you check out the teacher gift idea in the previous post! I'm sure you'll love it. :)

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger J Crew said...

Print the picture anyway. It will give almost everyone a good laugh

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Peter Brown said...

I think the Wallaces put out a Christmas card one year that Gabe was a blur in, because it was so him...

...you should do it...he he he

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Sarah Kuhner said...

I would love a Christmas photo with Michelle looking just like that. It is absolutely funny. I put them up in our wall for a year so I would get a good laugh over it. It really is hard to get a good photo though. One year I took the kids to a nice photo place. Only 2 photos out of 87 were any good b/c at least one child wouldn't cooperate. It was fun though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home