Thursday, January 18, 2007

Musings from the Birthday Girl

January brings not only a new year, but also another birthday for yours truly. When I was young, this was cause for great excitement. I never minded being the recipient of more presents so close on the heels of Christmas, quite the contrary! However, with age has come less and less enthusiasm for adding yet another year. I've tried to fight it a bit--if you were to check my MySpace, you would find that I've managed to stay "29" even with the passing of another twelve months. I've been a good customer for BeautyControl and often wear my special bronzer that claims to "deflect light away from wrinkles". Even so, it's pictures like these that remind me time's a marching on no matter what my MySpace says. Normally I would be way too vain to post a picture like this since neither the hair, nor the camera angles, not to mention the lack of make-up, wrinkle deflecting or otherwise, were cooperating in my favor. But the joy of posting the youthful face on the right outweighed my vanity. The girls had made me a birthday dinner and Scott was trying to get a shot of me with the cooks. Johnny was anxious to add his own handsome face to the picture. Since he worked so hard to stretch himself into the photo, I thought it would be a shame not to share it. Here's lookin' at you kid!




Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger J Rowl said...

someday this face will be worth a lot of money

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday a little late - you would think with the "Myspace reminder" I would have done better. What was your birthday dinner?

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Peter Brown said...

Okay...that face is great! Rather I mean it's so absurd it makes me laugh!

Happy 29th Birthday...

...yet again.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Sarah Kuhner said...

Johnnys face just made me laugh so much. Thanks for the great post.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger jenylu said...

SJ -
We had shrimp soup, caesar salad, french bread, and for dessert, a hot berry crumble. And it was all very yummy. :)

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Shrimp soup - I am intrigued - willing to share the recipe?

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger J Crew said...

happy birthday Jenylu. I'll always think of you as 29

 

Post a Comment

<< Home