Sunday, October 08, 2006

Yet Another Kitten Update

Is this just the cutest picture ever? You would think we had a new baby -- I think I've taken as many pictures of this kitten in the last two weeks as I have of Johnny in the last ten years.

Squiggy & Beamer are becoming real play pals and we're having fun watching them. We're pretty convinced Squiggy will rule the roost soon--he's already chased Jinx, even as she's hissing at him and emitting other worldy moans. He's also faced Beamer down a time or two and it is very clear that Beamer will defer to him. So the less that two pound bundle of orange & white can add a little swagger to his pounce.

Hey guess what -- I obtained a Myspace site yesterday. My main motive, shhhhhhh, is to keep tabs on the teens in my life. But it feels kind of cool nonetheless. I've heard other parents have done the same thing. My friend list grew today and I now have five friends. Yesterday Tom was pretty lonely and I couldn't even get my son to make me his friend while he had a real friend over. Today I'm downright popular -- counting Tom, I have FIVE friends! That's about the same number of blog readers I have, so it must be pretty lucky!!

Maybe tomorrow I'll post the vignette I have floating around in my mind about the flower girl from my wedding who is expecting a baby any day! Nothing like that to make you feel OLD! :)

Until then, I was just dying to get this picture on to my blog. It's our current desk top photo and I just felt selfish not sharing it with the blogosphere at large. I'd make it bigger if I could -- isn't he cute?!?

6 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Very cute picture and I can relate with myspace - I am not a myspace person, but knew it would be a great way to keep up with some kids and maybe offer some accountability.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger J Crew said...

That is a cute picture, even if I don't like cats

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger The two love birds .. said...

Kool Blog, You will have a lot of resource material from your crazy family and the growing zoo!!

I am glad to see Beamer still doing the dishes. Rita wants you to kiss Beamer for us UGH!

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Call Me June... said...

Okay, I think I'm going to have to break down and write a blog about my pets! I don't think it will have quite the same feel as yours though! I think my cat who wets on my kids and coughs up hairballs on my kitchen floor might not get the flattering print that your kitten is receiving!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Call Me June... said...

I will admit that Squiggy (a.k.a. Milo) is pretty cute! Just wait though, there might be many neuroses lurking under that furry skin!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

I find it interesting to read that you just created a myspace account when I just finished deleting mine not 15 minutes ago. I had problems with a lot of nasty spam generating itself from my account that I did NOT support! It was posting to my bulletins and as comments to my friends pages. I tried getting rid of it but was unable to do so...just be warned to be careful what you click on because the same thing can happen to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home