Tuesday, September 26, 2006

It's Official...I think

Well, our kitten has a name. I think. Michelle's a little hesitant to make it final because she values everyone's opinion so much . I think if she were to take Kludge's quiz today, she'd definitely be a "Milk Thermometer". So, drum roll please...the name is...actually, I think I'll make you read the rest of my post to find out.

I've been a little buried lately. I haven't always had the best attitude--best being, "God has given me these opportunities and I need to depend upon Him to do them for His glory"--in fact I've been a BIT whiney at times and felt quite stressed. God has been very gracious in the midst of it all and has blessed me abundantly with some awesome teaching in His word, and some sweet Christian fellowship. He has also given my family a wonderful and understanding attitude. They all pulled together a dinner of waffles last night as I ran out of the house to my Parent Education Meeting and they left a clean kitchen for me when I returned. You go family!!

Anyhoo, one of the things that went by the wayside was bloggin'. My family stepped in admirably--Johnny's the only one that hasn't written a post for me--once again, you go family! But I feel really bad that I haven't been reading anyone else's blog. I so appologize for being so selfish and so neglecting everyone so shamefully. (You're probably understanding where Michelle got her "Milk thermometer" tendencies.)

Tonight, I got a free half hour and tried to read as many recent posts as I could and leave as many comments as I could. I have to admit, most were pretty lame--my comments, that is. I try to be rather witty whenever possible and sometimes I consider myself successful. Tonight, not even I thought they were insightful or funny. I couldn't even think of anything to say on RJ's post because it was way over my head, and on SJ's post, I had to try three times to type in those letters correctly before I could submit it. I'm thinking my comment skills are a little flabby.

Well, thank you for reading my confessions. It's good to get that off my chest.

By the way, the name is Squiggy.

4 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yea - I LOVE the name!!!

What a great family! I am glad that God has given you some awesome opportunities! Thanks for all you did in helping with the conference - it was awesome!

Glad you are back to blog land too! Loved hearing from your family too!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Call Me June... said...

I think Uncle Jeff will be disappointed that the cat wasn't named after him! Sorry, it's been a busy time for you. You're probably busy preparing for the visit of a very special guest.

I was going to tell you that you don't really need to apologize for not commenting, everyone gets busy and falls down on the job, but I guess someone with enough time on her hands to call me and tell me to comment on her blog perhaps might be a different story! (-:

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger J Crew said...

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Squiggy is legit!!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Peter Brown said...

Good choice. I was a Milo voter, but Squiggy is quite fitting.

As far as comments I just like knowing people stopped by, but I always enjoy the comments you leave.

Blogger, the fastest road to long term counseling on the net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home