Thursday, January 25, 2007

Living History


Okay, this is funny. As many of you know, I have made a point of making myself "29" on my MySpace. I even changed my date of birth so that I stayed "29" after my recent birthday. Additionally, I have written no less than 3 posts in someway bemoaning my age. Obviously it is something I have given some thought to. With this in mind, you can image my reaction when I decided to change my random question on my profile and discovered that according to blogger, my age is 251! The scary thing is I have not edited it in months, so for quite some time, I have been one ancient woman. Wow, 29 on one site, 251 on the other. Hard to reconcile that difference. I don't think even the Beauty Control Wrinkle deflecting bronzer is going to help that!
Well, in spite of what you might think, I got a huge chuckle out of this and made my family all come and check it out. 42 might not be so cool, but 251, that is downright impressive. Once my children realized I was born in 1756, they started asking me questions about life during the revolution. My learned husband then piped up with, "Did Martha Washington really sew the first flag?" To which Johnny responded scornfully, "Martha Washington didn't sew the flag, Betsy Ross did." Scott then went to bed. You'd think he'd be better at history being married to a woman who has lived so much of it.
P.S. I've decided to keep 1756 for my date of birth. I may not look great for 29, but I'd say I'm downright amazing for 251! :)
P.P.S. Ando, if you want any eyewitness accounts for your Past Tense, just let me know.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Hahaha...that's great!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

That is very funny!!!!!! You look marvelous for your age!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Ando said...

Cool, an eyewitness to the Revolution! Tell me, what did it smell like?

For the record, many historians now believe that the story of Betsy Ross sewing the first flag is a myth. She was a seamstress and patriot, but the flag story didn't originate until about 90 years later when he grandson told it to a historical society in Pennsylvania.

More info here: http://americanhistory.about.com/library/weekly/aa040202a.htm

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger J Crew said...

You do look good for 251

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Peter Brown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home