Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Few Comparison Shots

Well this post was birthed after reading the following two comments on a previous post about my mother.

Megan C. said...
First of all, a very sweet tribute. Secondly, can I just say that at first glance at the "brady" picture, it looks like Johnny and Christian dressed up as girls. I cannot believe how much they each look like their mothers! Wow!!! I would love to see a comparison of them at those ages beside the picture you posted.


It took a little work on my part, but I tracked down some photos of approximately the same age. I think Johnny and I are both in the "sixish" range in the top two photos. I am the one in red. His red bow is actually the top of Michelle's head -- the picture is taken from our 1996 Grandkids Christmas picture and really merits a post all its own.

Jody and Christian, the middle row photos, are both in the "threeish" range. Christian's shot is from our 1997 Grandkids Christmas photo -- not as story filled as 1996, but always an adventure!

Drama Queen said... Happy mothers day all you mothers out there! i am strong in my belief that the first picture resembles me when i was that age. yup, know you know where the good looks came from...

The bottow row is of my mom on her bicylcle at a young age. Catie is on her bicycle at the age of four. I know the bike helmet and lack of contrast make it hard to compare features, but Catie was blessed with coloring that does not scan well. My appraisal is that Catie shares Grandma's coloring but inherited Grandpa's even rounder head.

So there you go Megan. I have to admit there are some striking similarities. Maybe you'll have a little boy that will look just like you! That zoo shot is awfully cute.





6 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Thanks for going through all the work with the pics. I appreciate the effort. The similarities are striking. Maybe I will have a little boy that looks like me but I am hoping for a girl. We shall see (sooner than Sarah & Chris). :)

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Great pics Jen and the similarities are amazing! Very cute!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Peter Brown said...

I agree with Megan, it's quite striking!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Sarah Kuhner said...

That was a really fun post. I enjoyed seeing all the comparisons.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Sarah Kuhner said...

I liked the post with the dainty tea and TP pictures as well. Funny how stuff kids do now baffles the elder generation. I think that if they had thought it up when they were kids they too would have TPed. By the way, I can't post a comment on your new blog. Maybe its just my computer. I don't know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home