Thursday, February 22, 2007

Voice Your Opinion Now


In bygone days, when I did not have a blog, I thought I had many things to write about. As someone who cherished in her heart of hearts the desire to one day be published, the thought of expressing myself in writing was always a delight.

Seven months into blogging has given me enough insight to not only become Time's Person of the Year, but also to make me realize that people who write well and write often are not just to be envied, they are to be highly respected! Forget the writing well, even thinking of things to write about on a regular basis has become a challenge for this blogger.

All that to say, I have become very grateful when an idea pops into my head, especially for an easy post! So thank you Kludge for today's comment on my previous post, "Some Very Good Reasons". His comment ended with this observation and then a question:

Cool, Catan! That game has spread like wildfire since Brian and Esther first showed it to Patricia and I. So favorite expansion? I think I'm for Seafarers...

As soon as I read this the lightbulb turned on... ask fellow bloggers to name their favorite Catan expansion. But Before I ask you to express your opinion in your comments, I will go on record as saying "Cities & Knights" is my favorite. I love the city improvements and being able to say, "I'm going to flip". I also like the extra cards you can earn with just a roll of the dice.

And now, drumroll please, for all you Catan players out there, "What is your favorite Catan expansion?" (It shouldn't be a highly difficult question since as far as I can tell from the Mayfair Games catalogue, there are only two choices.) Voice your opinion now!



8 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I am a Seafarers person - - - Cities and Knights seems overwhelming to me - sooooooo much to remember. I have only played it once - maybe I need to give it another try - - -

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Ando said...

I must confess, I've only played Catan a couple of times. So, from the absolute novice, I'll go with Cities and Knights.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Peter Brown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Peter Brown said...

Glad I could help... I hate bloggers block (as J Crew put it) Somedays it's hard to think of anything worth typing, let alone reading.

I really enjoyed Cities and Knights the time I played it, but missed being able to sail around, and explore new territory.

There is also a two person card game that Leo showed me. It was very fun, and had a lot of similarities to cities and knights!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Just an FYI - I have posted - just on the other blog :):):)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Cities and Knights is definitely my favorite. Um, I pointed out to Sarah why it took you all 4 HOURS for one game!! You were playing the barbarian attacks a bit wrong. Hopefully they redirected you correctly. Makes for a bit less frustration.

Phil and I went boarding at Mammoth today (Sunday). This was the weekend we were supposed to all go to June. It STORMED today! Near whiteout conditions. We only managed about 10 runs or so. You'll have to check out my pics once I get them up.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger J Crew said...

I like Cities and Knights, but I want to play Cities and Knights on the Seafarers board with Seafarers. That would be totally legit!!

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Becca Sports said...

I am going to have to check this game out. Almost every blog from the Nor CA region is mentioning this game...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home