Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Some Very Good Reasons


I need to fess up that I feel a little guilty. It seems slightly unfair that the time I take my longest leave of absence from blogging, I left a post on top in which I admitted I was tempted to say, "Chris is a goob." Poor Chris. On the other hand, I guess it would have been worse if I'd actually said, "Chris is a goob" instead of just saying I was tempted to say it... okay, I feel better!!


This has been a rather long absence for me. SJ even threatened to rename my link if I didn't post soon. But this time I had a really good reason for neglecting the blogosphere, actually two of them, well, maybe I can even think of three…

First, I had a sick child for several days – what kind of mother would I be if I put blogging ahead of caring for my baby?

Second, we went skiing. (After my baby was well -- barely) All three kids tried out snowboarding for the first time – and we all had a great time. You can check out pictures from the day at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/jennylu251/NorthstarFebruary2007

Third, we’ve been busy playing Catan. We now own Settlers, Seafarers, and Knights with corresponding expansion packs. It is so cool! We’ve played four times since it arrived Saturday.

The best part of playing Catan is it that it has given us a great excuse to see a lot more of Chris & Sarah & Bekah. (Even though I’ve been tempted to say Chris is a goob, I really do like him, so seeing more of them is a good thing.)


I think you must I agree, I've had some very good reasons for not blogging. Bottom line -- I've posted again and now maybe SJ won't have to rename my link!

6 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Pops said...

Well at least you only think I'm a goob and are not proclaiming it to the world on some widely accessible medium. That would be SOOOOO embarrassing for me had you posted that someplace where potentially millions of eyes could have read it. I just don't know if I could have lived with myself knowing what you thought was available to the masses.


But I digress. Catan is an addicting game that should only be played by those who have the means to purchase the game themselves. It has been a lot of fun playing with you guys Jen and we look forward to getting together again to conquer Catan

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger jenylu said...

Hey Pops,
Thank you for not mentioning I actually left that sick child at home by herself to come play Catan!:-)

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Wooooooo - you barely made it by the skin of your teeth - ha ha - - - - seriously I was giving you a hard time because I missed your posts. I am glad you are back and completely understand that you need to take care of your baby, ski and especially play CATAN - - those are musts!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Peter Brown said...

Welcome back. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

"– what kind of mother would I be if I put blogging ahead of caring for my baby?" I guess that works for an excuse....I suppose...

Cool, Catan! That game has spread like wildfire since Brian and Esther first showed it to Patricia and I. So favorite expansion? I think I'm for Seafarers...

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger The two love birds .. said...

Hey Guys,

Your ski picts make me so jealous to be there with you. I so enjoyed the times we spent on the Tahoe slopes in past years and I am desiring to do a few more runs before I put my skis away for good. Maybe next year when Rita is well we can come for a few days or I will have to be content to ski here in PA at Seven Springs, near Pittsburgh. Anyway,enjoyed your photos and Rita and I were so amazed how the kids have grown so tall. What do you feed your family Jen?

Dan & Rita

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger J Crew said...

Nothing wrong with that. Your reasons are just fine for not blogging. Maybe you should just aim for once a week or something

 

Post a Comment

<< Home