Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I'm back...sort of...


Hey I'm back from Mexico -- I was glad I said there would be no further posts until AFTER April 16. I'm wishing I'd set the date back a little further, but technically, ANY date AFTER April 16 would qualify.

Mexico was awesome and deserving of several posts. However, I am presently wading through thousands of pictures to create a 5 - 10 minute slide show for this coming Sunday. I brought my laptop with me and tried to make it easy for folks to load their memory sticks onto my hard drive so I'd have lots of good photos and a good representation to work with. The picture to the left is one Sherry Reed took and I really liked it--it will make the slide show cut! There are still several more memory sticks out there that didn't make it onto my laptop, but I could not look through any more before Sunday! I think this is a good time to apply one of my husband's favorite philosophical phrases, "What it is, is what it is."


So, definitely more Mexico to follow. Just a peek into my world for today -- Scott & Johnny both got sick AFTER we returned from Mexico. Poor Johnny went to a Christian concert in San Francisco the same day we returned. We got a call from a desperate young man who began throwing up soon after arriving at The Filmore Theater. Scott & I did the good parent thing and drove down to bring him home. Our transmission broke on the way out of SF and we drove the rest of way home wasting a ton of gas and never going faster than 50. Scott got sick the next day...fortunately AFTER the Sunday School class he was teaching. Johnny stayed home Monday & Tuesday but he is definitely on the mend. He was feeling good enough this afternoon to be really ornery. His antics included posting a video he took with his new camera on his blog. It was of his sister singing, unaware that a stalker had the camera aimed at her. I know at least one person saw it before he was forced to delete it. I would do the same thing to him if I knew how, but since I don't, we had to lay down some new guidelines about what you can & cannot post.
For all of those who prayed for Mexico, and for the Utah Mission trip my girlies went on (you can read about it on Catie's blog) I would like to say "Thank You"! It was exciting to see God work in so many ways and I felt privileged to be a part of it.

7 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Becca Sports said...

I'm glad you are back!!! I've missed your posts. Mexico trips always result in good memories. I miss being able to participate on that trip. :( Welcome back!!!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

I'm glad the mission trip(s) went well. Rough return with the sicknesses and the transmission. Hope things are doing better in those two areas soon.

Anytime you'd like to visit CO, you're welcome to come. This time, we have a nice private guest room and a huge loft for the kids! Much better accomodations if you ask me. I'm glad you're posting again...a little sad I didn't get to see Johnny's post as I'm sure it would have been a good laugh. :) Looking forward to more blogs in the near future.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger J Crew said...

We are glad you are back and I look forward to hearing more soon

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Peter Brown said...

Welcome back.

Speaking to the last paragraph...

I might have been the only one to see the video...and I commented that I would have killed him had he been my sibling.

Though I did like the Beamer-Kibble Run video! very good!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Glad you are back and looking forward to hearing more about the trip.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger micheller said...

finaly a new post!! That out to lunch was getting a little old. Of course, i am one to talk!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I just have to say - GREAT video of Mexico - we definitely know who to come to for videos now! Yea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home